If you are interested in running for Mayor or School Board, please email Chair@SaintPaulRepublicans-MNGOP.com with your:
- Contact information
- Position you are running for, and
- Why you want to run.
Summary of Filing Dates
|Filing Period||Applicable Offices||Filing Opens||Filing Closes||Withdrawal Deadline|
|Early Filing Period||If primary is possible:City OfficesSchool District Offices||5/18/21||6/1/21||6/3/21|
|Late Filing Period||If primary is not possible:City OfficesSchool District Offices||7/27/21||8/10/21||8/12/21|
Below Information from the Minnesota Secretary of State website: https://www.sos.state.mn.us/election-administration-campaigns/become-a-candidate/candidate-qualifications/
- must be eligible to vote in Minnesota
- must have not filed for another office at the upcoming primary or general election
- must be 21 years of age or more upon assuming office
- must have maintained residence in their district* for at least 30 days before the general election
*Note: Candidates for federal office are exempt; see Additional Qualifications for Specific Offices at the following link: Specific Qualifications by Position
SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER
- must have not been convicted of an offense for which they are required to register as a predatory offender under Minnesota Statutes 243.166
Information about other qualifications for county, municipal, school district, or special district offices is available from the filing officer.
Holding Two Offices at the Same Time
Minnesota Statutes provide that one person cannot hold certain combinations of offices at the same time, with a few exceptions. Review the Compatibility of Offices brief written by Minnesota House Research for more information on this topic.
The filing dates for city offices such as Mayor and Council Member depend on whether the city holds primaries or not.
- Candidates in cities where a primary is possible may file from May 18, 2021 until June 1, 2021 at 5 pm.
- Candidates in cities where a primary is not held may file from July 27, 2021 until August 10, 2021 at 5 pm.
School District Offices
The filing dates for school district offices such as School Board Member depend on whether the school district holds primaries or not.
- Candidates in school districts where a primary is possible may file from May 18, 2021 until June 1, 2021 at 5 pm.
- Candidates in school districts where a primary is not held may file from July 27, 2021 until August 10, 2021 at 5 pm.
Those on the left who scream about income gaps choose to focus on the success of those at the top rather than the failures of those at the bottom. They conveniently ignore that liberals are the ones who have pushed the moral relativism and welfare-state dependence that has destroyed black families over the last 60 years. And it is these same liberals who fight to keep low-income kids in failing public schools and fight efforts to get school choice.by Star Parker